The 4-1-0

Friday, July 14, 2006

Right out of a fairytale....


Well, after a long, long, long, long drive yesterday from Edinburgh, Scotland (I am starting to drend how sore my butt will be when we drive out to Maryland) we have landed in Hay-on-Wye, Wales.
I feel like I am walking around in a Dr. Seuss story--the town is known to have the largest number of used bookshops in, I believe, the world. It's a very small town and is right in the middle of rolling hills and farmland.
The "King" of Hay, Richard Booth(e) I think is his name, made a name for himself traveling around the country selling "books for burning" after his run-of-the-mill traveling used book sales venture didn't work out.
Anyway, not much time left...Kristin got her hair cut in Edinburgh the other day--it looks really good! We're off to London tomorrow and should squeeze in another post before we leave.

Here's a link for more pics: http://www1.snapfish.com/home/t_=53866009

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom motherhi;you two dad just left me and said wright them a comment. love the picks of your place. and really enjoy all the information fun to see. hope allis going wellwith kristin and you too nicky.uncle dick told me about the blog. love mom

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home