The 4-1-0

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Something I've been thinking about

Don't all of you fellow "artsy" people out there think, like myself, that universal health care would be good for "us"? (Granted, health care, in some form, for everyone would be a good thing) Now I don't want to get into nationalized/socialized health care vs. privatized, market driven health care plans...that's a much, much longer and more difficult situation to address-I'm just taking a naive approach to this issue.
But think about this (fellow photographers, dancers, musicians, painters, etc.): why do you work at your current job? Do you really LOVE it (don't get me wrong, I LIKE my job, but I don't love it)? You may LOVE your's...and if you do, good for you. For most of us, it's just our day job-we then moonlight after hours as our true crime-fighting selves.
Many of us work our day jobs because we are provided benefits; without open enrollment, we (myself and Kristin included-as we found out the hard way last year) would not be eligible for health insurance. And, if we were, we'd have exclusions or, at the very least, need to pay through the nose for coverage. I think many of us would rather be snapping pictures, creating sculpture, making and writing music...
Just think: no more day jobs! Yeah, yeah, I may not be able to feed my future children, but hey, we all would be having a great time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Buckwalter said...

I agree fully. As far as I'm concerned, there is no more important domestic issue in this country at present. And yes, I'd rather be taking pictures and eating grapes in Capri than getting my guitar-teaching on. -Buckwalter

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home