The 4-1-0

Monday, March 02, 2009

Our New Life

So I'm pretty sure this is the first time that I've written on the blog since we moved out to Maryland 2.5 years ago...sad. Last week, Nick and I started the first week of our "new life," complete with a '14 weeks to looking good naked' plan and a brand new, scarily OCD schedule that would make my mother proud. Part of my spontaneous, ADHD soul shrieked itself into a sad, ordered death. But, if it means that I get the things done that I need to during the day/week and can have evenings and weekends free to play, then I suppose its worth it. *sigh*

Anyway, one of the items I have added in to my schedule is writing...I decided that since I've basically given up all types of writing save the really dull, dry scientific paper and grant application writing, part of my soul has shriveled up and gone into a starvation coma. So, to remedy the situation, I decided that I needed to start writing again...but like anything you stop doing for awhile, I'm way out of practice and writing does NOT come as easily as it once used to...you know, I have to use my electronic thesaurus to come up with synonyms for words like "sad," "mad," and "open." And since I have this horrible habit of not doing things that don't come easily to me, I need a kick in the pants to get me moving. So here I am. I have vowed to write at least 2 blog entries a week in an attempt to get myself writing and to provide a consistent place for people to stay current on our ever changing, constantly nomadic lives. Oh, and watch Nora grow up. :) As I find that I always discover more about myself when I'm writing, and that I certainly could use some introspection after the whirlwind past 3 years that have landed us in one of the most expensive, and certainly most politicized, areas of the country...Consider it my lent sacrifice...

So as I watch the snow fall (yay!) for probably the 4th time in the past 2.5 years, I offer you a warm welcome back into the lives of the Giulianis. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home